Friday, March 5, 2010

Please HTML. Go easy on me

Another week at uni and another lecture.

This one seemed like Michael powered through it with a massive amount of information that was really hard to take all of it in.

We did a bit more on CSS and looked at a 'div' tag.
Div tags are used to identify a certain amount of content that your want to change later. We also looked at div #ID's and div .Classes which work the same way however the ID's are unique but the classes can be used for many parts in the HTML.
Another thing we learn is about Javascript. This feature can be kinda cool as it allows you to incorporate things like popout menus and things that move!! Im still a bit hazy on everythingg about it but it would be kinda cool to have stuff like that in my online exhibition assignment.

We also learnt in the lecture a bit about API which stands for Application Processing Interface. Basically its used by programs to initiate a sharing funtion. This allows other programs to use information that is being shared of another program like pictures from Flickr.
Michael gave us an example of this...
WOLFENFLICKR 3D!!!!
It takes photos from your flickr account and scatters them through the game as the paintings on the walls.

Well im finally going to start my assignment. After a long time in the tutorial looking at the screen going "..........hmm.....ah!....no.......hmmm......sigh" i had a talk to Sharon our teacher about why my HTML was not working until we sorted it out and how I could create my exhibition. I've decided that I'm going to make somewhat of a music exhibition of some of the bands I like and stuff about them. I can see exactly what I want it to look like but doing the HTML for it is seeming quite overwhelming right now and could take soooo damn long. Doesn't matter. Lets work hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment